Yoga for Stress and Anxiety Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Yoga for Stress & Anxiety Workshop Series led by Amanda Madhu
Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm
This workshop is designed for yoga instructors and individuals to deepen their capacity to support those who experience anxiety and stress. Together we’ll explore practices for emotional health that include therapeutic asana sequences, visualizations, and meditations including metta (loving kindness). As well, there will be opportunity to deepen one’s understanding of the therapeutic aspects of yoga through dyad work and guided self explorations. This experiential weekend will leave you equipped with more confidence in holding space for students going through emotional difficulty.
During this hour intensive you will:
· Understand anxiety and stress from the perspective of the nervous system and how yoga shift states of mind through body and breath
· Gain in-depth knowledge of specific yoga asanas, pranayama and meditations that regulate and balance emotions
· Learn how to support others when they are triggered and feel anxious and/or dysregulated
· Cultivate self compassion, loving kindness and forgiveness
· Reconnect with oneself and with life
· Learn specific sequences to use before bed, while at work, and more!
A manual will be provided. There is no required reading prior to this intensive. Amanda is a YACEP (Continuing Education Provider with Yoga Alliance) and hours of training can be used as Continuing Education Units with YA.
Investment: $329, Earlybird price $289 until March 1!
Learn more about Amanda here www.withinyouyoga.comAmanda Madhu
With over 2000 teaching hours and nearly 1000 training hours, Madhu (Amanda), can say with certainty that teaching is her passion. Her desire to inspire others is apparent in her teaching where she brings together yogic philosophy, alignment principles, and a sense of “real”ness. Her teacher, Yogrishi Vishvketu graced her with the name Madhu which means honey, nourishing and pure.
Amanda Madhu now facilitates trainings as well all of which can be found on her trainings page